[Patch] replace hardcoded icon size with correct system value in applet handle

Loïc Marteau loic.marteau at gmail.com
Wed Jul 16 16:24:48 CEST 2008

I have commited the patch in trunk.

However here is a little adjustement :

1) Use of the SmallIcon() function to draw the icon instead of the
KIcon().pixmap one so we are sure that the icon size are non overrided
by other size mode settings : painter->drawPixmap(basePoint + shiftR,
SmallIcon("transform-rotate"));

2) there is a problem with
m_iconSize = iconLoader->currentSize(KIconLoader::Small) who does not
return the correct size if the user select double sized icon in
settings (it's why I doesnt have noticed than the use of SmallIcon is
better in the first point). its only return the non doubled size
value... Don't know if it is a bug and if we have to forward this to
kdecore ?

The workaround i found is
m_iconSize = iconLoader->loadIcon("transform-scale",
KIconLoader::Small).width();

so

Question 1:
Is there better workaround to do this

Question 2:
Is it ok to commit in trunk

Question 3:
I can backport this two patches in 4.1 branche later in the day.
Should i directly copy the .cpp .h from trunk to 4.1 so we backport
the gradient artwork that Aaron have made too,
or should i have i to attach the two patches separetly ?

Question 4:
May i have to send a mail to kcd.org about the currentSize issue ?

Cheers