Folderview mimetype support

Rafael Fernández López ereslibre at kde.org
Wed Jul 16 15:30:12 CEST 2008

Hi there,

I have started to give support to mimetype filtering to folderview plasmoid. I
also want to improve its logic. Let me explain, if you apply the patch, you
will notice that this filter does not work atm, cause I just started it.

However, you can see the GUI:

- [X] Filter by pattern
- [ ] Filter by mimetype

If you click both, an "&&" will be held, if you only check one or the other,
only that filter will apply, if you click none, no filter will be applied.

The mimetype filter is a listview which contains all possible mimetypes with
an extended selection, so you can Ctrl+Click to select which mimetypes you
want to see (or not to see, I explain this now).

Also, to improve the logic of the folderview filter, I added a checkbox for
both groups which is called "Exclude".

If you click Exclude on a pattern filter which contains "*.txt", all files
except *.txt will be shown.

Same behavior will apply if you click on Exclude on the mimetype filter.

Now, I have got a question that I just hit when went to implement the config
saving to the config file. How can I save which mimetypes were "selected?", I
cannot do through description, extensions... nothing. Since a user can select
one row, and later to to the properties dialog of the mimetype and change its
description (or patterns), and later when reopening the session, that row
won't be selected because there is no match.

I wonder how can I do this.

Ideas, or suggestions on the rest of the things I am doing here ?

Regards,
Rafael Fernández López.