RFC: wallpaper and containment handling in 4.2

Ismael Asensio caciquecola500 at gmail.com
Mon Jul 14 15:49:56 CEST 2008

IMHO, wallpaper plugins should share as much code as possible with plamoids
alike (i.e Typical Wallpaper/Slideshow should be handled like the Picture
plasmoid), so that all the configuration is consistant between the. Also,
additional plugins or modes (eg. flickr photo retrieval, picture of the day,
etc) could be shared by plasmoids and desktop wallpaper.

Sorry if this is so obvious, as I think is the essential of plasma:
everything, everywhere, and without distinctions. Of course, I think data
engines will help this a lot.