Taskmanager with grouping support preview version

christian mollekopf chrigi_1 at hotmail.com
Sun Jul 13 01:41:48 CEST 2008

> From: aseigo at kde.org
> To: panel-devel at kde.org
> Subject: Re: Taskmanager with grouping support preview version
> Date: Thu, 10 Jul 2008 10:04:10 -0600
>
> On Thursday 10 July 2008, christian mollekopf wrote:
> > To get around the TaskPtr problem, i derived a new class from
> > AbstractGroupableItem called TaskItem in the libs part. It basically just
> > holds a copy of the TaskPtr. Its a bit overhead but in favour we can work
> > with the AbstractGroupaleItems and manage Groups and Tasks therefore the
> > same way. This way the Task class isn't affected in any way by the grouping
> > ability.
>
> ok; i guess when i can see the code this paragraph will be clearer to me =)

After two days of learning how to work with svn i finally managed to create a branch =)
The code lives now in branches/work/plasma-groupingtaskbar/

Just check if the TaskItem seems to be a reasonable way to get around the guarded TaskPtr / AbstractItem problem.
If so i would probably only use the TaskItem instead of the TaskPtr throughout the taskbar vistualization (applets/tasks/*).

> > :QAction(parent)
> >
> > {
> >     connect(this, SIGNAL(triggered()), task.data(),
> > SLOT(toggleMaximized())); setText(i18n("Ma&ximize"));
> >     setCheckable(true);
> >     setChecked(task->isMaximized());
> >     setEnabled(!KWindowSystem::allowedActionsSupported() ||
> > task->info().actionSupported(NET::ActionMax)); }
>
> i'm not 100% sure, but these items may want to update themselves when the task
> changes (e.g. change the setChecked status if the window become minimized
> after creation, but not through this action). i suppose whether or not that's
> acually needed is something we'll find out as things go on; but this approach
> is flexible enough to do things like this should we find the need to do so
> later.

Well, at least not for the menu used in this taskbar because the menu disapears as
soon as an action is clicked.

 I'm on vacation for the next two weeks, so take your time =)

Regards