kickoff fusion idea and mockup

J.R. Mauro jrm8005 at gmail.com
Fri Jul 11 20:11:48 CEST 2008

2008/7/11 Loïc Marteau <loic.marteau at gmail.com>:

> Here is my draft proposal :

This is better.

> as each menu uses only an half of the width of kickoff the idea is to :
>
> - let always favorites shown in the first half.
> - so remove favourites icon
> - search edit take all the width as it is now and is replaced by krunner
> engine.
> - Keep the other submenus that appears in the second half
> - Get apps menu just back  to the traditional way like Florian proposal

I don't really want to comment a lot as I'm not a KDE developer, but I like
everything except the last
part. All those nested popout menus were sacrilege, and something even
Windows finally did away
with in Vista. The rest sounds interesting, a split panel view like I
mentioned could be very useful
indeed.