irc log of an interesting conversation

pinheiro nuno at oxygen-icons.org
Thu Jul 10 13:01:14 CEST 2008

A Thursday 10 July 2008 08:19:44, Aaron J. Seigo escreveu:
> hi all
>
> the other day i spent an hour or two talking with a user 1 on 1 about
> plasma. it was very enlightening to me as far as what even an enthusiasted
> user struggles with seeing (even if they are already happy with kde4) as
> well as providing a really nice opportunity for me to riff openly about my
> own personal vision for plasma
>
> so i thought i'd share it with you should you care to
>
> http://bddf.ca/~aseigo/plasma_user_discussion.log

about the issue he raises of lack of visual inteegration betwin plasma and the
apps...
ok im working on bowth sides od the fence here, and i think i can bring some
light and help in that depart ment...
Its geting way beter. we are minkg plasma defoult theme use the same
nethafores and visual elements has oxygen and vice versa, but being clearly
distinct in color, So they look clearly difrent but at the smae time clealy
the same.

Any way as plasma and oxygen style evolves they will look more and more
coerent, i think that a huge difrence is already visible betwin 4.0 and 4.1.

Another thing that gives him that impresion is the wofull windeco we have and
i meen the last 3 pixles that we have to have couse of contrast issues and no
X composition.
for 4.2 we are gona make the windeco break in to 2 versions, unacel mode much
like is today, and acel mode much like is in the mocks. that will provide a
much beter integration. The reason for that is that the preceved thinkness of
the windeco will be the same as the  thikness of the plasma. Right now plasma
thickess is one pixel and oxygen is 3, Yeah not like I would like it to be,
but how we coud make it :(, in 4.2 for people on acel system there will be no
such problems :)

That or we can ditch kwin and replace it for plasma :). No on is complaining
for not having a clear difrence betwin active and inactive plasmoids :P.

Side note, IMO it already integrates much beter that any other system out
there, Every body knows I was against themeing but now I think its the right
way/only way to do it. Traditional Kudos to Aaron.

--

core oxygen icon designer