Activities

Chani chanika at gmail.com
Wed Jul 9 21:58:40 CEST 2008

On July 9, 2008 12:41:40 Bert Saxby wrote:
> Hello all.
>
> Pardon me for posting into devel list, but I am in a quandry and couldn't
> figure out where else to go.
>
> I am working intently on understanding Plasma and the functionality
> that is present in the cashew...although to me it's more of a magic bean.
> The reason I want to understand it is so that I can present a suitable
> argument for why people should work with it rather
> than call for its elimination/erradication and forking of KDE
> ...which to me is rather insane.
>
> However, in my bumbling about  I have managed to open 6 activities,
> which seem to equate to the old fashioned multiple desktop metaphor
> with exception that you can drag widgets between desktops in
> realtime...Cool! I think this sandbox has some very, very interesting
> possibilities. I'm beginning to see the vision.
>
> However, How can I close an activity?  This seems to be a mystery.
there's a remove option in the right-click menu when the activity is inactive
(they can't be removed while they're in use). if you've got a recent svn
version then shift-ctrl-r should work too.

> One thing I would like to see is to be able to zoom out and then hover over
> the activity I want to zoom in on and just double click to maximize it.
> Heck I might like to double click it and zoom it out as well. That would be
> a cool desktop.

ZUI interaction does need some work. :) we have some ideas for improving it,
but still need to figure out some things...
I don't think double-click can magically know whether you want to zoom in or
out, though ;)

--
This message brought to you by evyl bananas, and the number 3.
www.chani3.com