Plasma IRC Meeting - Weather Applet (Mockup)

Marco Martin notmart at gmail.com
Wed Jul 9 14:12:31 CEST 2008

On Wednesday 09 July 2008, Shawn Starr wrote:
> Hello everyone,
>
> The Oxygen developers have created an initial mockup of the weather
> plasmoid and we would like to discuss what functionality is needed. I would
> like to see some UI people help out. Interested plasma users/developers
> also welcome to attend so we can make this applet user friendly yet
> powerful.
i'm usually around here on CET evenings

what i'm more interested on this meeting is to identify parts of it that can
be useful to the rest of plasma and make them more reusable as possible.
i'm thinking about the tabbar that switches from 5 days forecast to a detailed
view, that should be a graphicswidget usable by everybody (started a first
experiment on playground/widgets/tabbar)
maybe also the city photo could be a dataengine
this applet is interesting because it's very complex and probably will push
the limits on what themes and graphics widgets can do

Cheers,
Marco Martin