KDirOperator inside plasma Applet?

Julian Hernandez Gomez julianhernandez at gmail.com
Wed Jul 9 09:17:32 CEST 2008

Hi Aaron,

I want something like krunner:

KUrlNavigator on top and files under the KUrlNavigator.  Right now I
have something like:

  KUrl url(QDir::homePath());
  KFilePlacesModel *placesModel = new KFilePlacesModel();
  urlNavigator = new KUrlNavigator(placesModel, url, 0);
  dirOperator = new KDirOperator(url, this);  // this doesn't work
  dirOperator->setView(KFile::Default);
  proxy = new QGraphicsProxyWidget(this);
  proxy->setWidget(urlNavigator);
  dirProxy = new QGraphicsProxyWidget(this);
  dirProxy->setWidget(dirOperator);
  layout = new QGraphicsLinearLayout(Qt::Vertical);
  layout->addItem(proxy);
  layout->addItem(dirProxy);
  setLayout(layout);
  proxy->show();
  dirProxy->show();

If I'm not clear enough, I'll put the applet in a state that can be
compiled again and attach it in my next email :-D

Thanks.

2008/7/9 Aaron J. Seigo <aseigo at kde.org>:
> On Wednesday 09 July 2008, Julian Hernandez Gomez wrote:
>> Hi Aaron,
>>
>> I'm trying to do something simple:
>>
>> --------------------
>>
>> |KUrlNavigator|  <----- to select the dir with the movies you want to
>>
>> download a subtitle
>> ============
>>
>> | movie_file_inside_dir_1 |
>> | movie_file_inside_dir_n |
>
> where's the KDirNavigator appear?
>
> for the KUrlNavigator you may want to use a QGraphicsProxyWidget, like:
>
> KUrlNavigator *nav = new KUrlNavigator;
> QGraphicsProxyWidget *proxy = new QGraphicsProxyWidget(this);
> proxy->setWidget(nav);
>
> then add proxy to your applet's layout.
>
> --
> Aaron J. Seigo