Odd behavior with show timezone in digital clock applet (probably all clock applets)

Stephen Battey marsmissionaries at gmail.com
Sun Jul 6 06:56:25 CEST 2008

I noticed that when i'm not using the local timezone, it automatically
 changes the the showTimezone setting to true.

 The checkbox is still visible but not usable, because the code does
 not do anything with it.

 So unchecking the box does nothing due to this block of code:

    bool wasLocal = isLocalTimezone();
    bool isLocal = ui.localTimeZone->isChecked();
    if (wasLocal != isLocal) {
        m_showTimezone = !isLocal;
        cg.writeEntry("showTimezone", m_showTimezone);
    }

 I think a simple solution is to change those lines to:

  bool showTimezone = ui.showTimezone->isChecked();
  if(showTimezone == true){
    cg.writeEntry("showTimezone",true);
  }else{
    cg.writeEntry("showTimezone",false);
  }

 Mind you, I do not have the ability to test this, as I don't have my
 environment set up for development, but I think it's good.

 As it is, we have a useless checkbox....i suppose the checkbox could
 just be removed....but that's silly as I am currently traveling and i
 need to set my timezone other than the local...and i don't want it to
 say "new york" because I am not in new york...Maybe I'm just picky?