[Plasma] looks and usability of applet handle frame

Loïc Marteau loic.marteau at gmail.com
Sat Jul 5 12:45:33 CEST 2008

Sorry for the second post..

About my attempt to replace the frame for the applet handle with
something based on the same thing but more tiny

http://reviewboard.vidsolbach.de/r/70/

I have some usabilities questions :
For the moment there is not enough place in the handle to let the user
easily move the applet.
If we commit something based on this patch for 4.1 should we :
- make the height of the handle a little bigger than I have in my patch
(see screenshots)
- add a move icon
- make the handle width bigger too

Where is the better place for the handle :
- on the top border, justified to left like we have for usual windows
- on the left border, justified to the height when the applet size is
big and centered when the applet size is lesser than the handle size
(like we have  now)
- on the left border, centered

Best regards

Loic