Adding a 'X-Plasma-MainScript' entry to plasmoid metadata.desktop files?

Richard Dale richard.j.dale at gmail.com
Fri Jul 4 10:59:44 CEST 2008

On Thu, Jul 3, 2008 at 4:10 PM, Richard Moore <richmoore44 at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 7/3/08, Aaron J. Seigo <aseigo at kde.org> wrote:
> > text editors that still rely on extensions for syntax highlighting *sigh*
> one
> > day the world will work more sanely ;)
>
> Well, most editors will accept a magic comment of some sort (including
> kate, vim, emacs etc.).

Yes, but maybe I won't see an icon for Ruby in Dolphin. Or if I have other
ruby sources I will see 'main' alongside 'clock_config.rb' or whatever and
it looks really ugly.

Another suggestion would be to have an X-Plasma-DefaultMainScript in the
ScriptEngine desktop file for a particular language:

X-KDE-ServiceTypes=Plasma/ScriptEngine
Type=Service
Icon=text-x-script
X-KDE-Library=krubypluginfactory
X-KDE-PluginKeyword=plasma_scriptengine_ruby/applet.rb
X-EngineName=ruby-applet-script
X-Plasma-API=ruby-script
X-Plasma-DefaultMainScript=main.rb
X-Plasma-ComponentTypes=Applet

At the moment I have a PackageStructure class 'Ruboid' for Ruby just so I
can use a name of 'main.rb' for the main script.

-- Richard