KDE/kdebase/workspace/plasma/applets/systemtray

Michael Rudolph michael.rudolph at gmail.com
Wed Jul 2 14:08:51 CEST 2008

On Tuesday 01 July 2008 22:02:45 Alexis Ménard wrote:
> 2008/7/1 Aaron J. Seigo <aseigo at kde.org>:
> > On Tuesday 01 July 2008, pinheiro wrote:
> > > i would not mind doing small systemtry icons for every app that
> > > would
> >
> > need
> >
> > > it, in fact i think that aystem try icons should have its hown
> > > subset of icons more simple and less on your face.
> >
> > agreed.
> >
> > hmmm... why don't we make it an actual goal for 4.3 to have a New
> > systray spec
> > in place and implemented? i'll meet up with Lubos at Akademy and
> > push to get
> > it defined in the 4.2 time frame and a production implementation
> > ready by 4.3.
>
> Completly agrreed actually it totally sucks...For 4.2 we can create
> easily plasmoids for each KDE app but for other app we have to work
> on a new spec.

Hello everyone,

what would be the ideas and concepts behind this updated systemtray
specification? Are they just related to the sizing issues discused
here, or are there other troubles that you wish to address also?

You might be aware of the fact that the plasma vision statement contains
a section on system trays.
http://techbase.kde.org/Projects/Plasma/TheWaysOfThePlasma#System_tray
So if this section should be altered to better reflect what is actually
being developed, it would be great if let me know.

Thanks,

michael