Adding a 'X-Plasma-MainScript' entry to plasmoid metadata.desktop files?

Richard Dale richard.j.dale at gmail.com
Wed Jul 2 12:22:48 CEST 2008

At the moment the main script in plasmoid packages is always called
'code/main'. For ruby, I created a custom package structure so that the main
script was called 'code/main.rb' as I wanted it to have an '.rb' extension
so that Kate's syntax highlighting would work when editing it.

But what would be really nice would be that the package structure defined a
default name for the main script of 'main', but that you could override it
by including a 'X-Plasma-MainScript' entry in the metadata.desktop like this
for instance:

X-Plasma-MainScript=code/clock.rb

It this possible, and is it a good idea?

-- Richard