Plasma::Phase proposal

Marco Martin notmart at gmail.com
Wed Jan 30 19:18:49 CET 2008

On Wednesday 30 January 2008, Andre Magalhaes wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> After analyzing bug 156844, I saw that Plasma::Phase is still missing
> some features,
> and I want to improve it, but before I start coding I would like to
> know what do you think
> about the proposed changes.
>
> First let me explain the problem with bug 156844:
> In order to animate the background change (slideshow, ...) I used
> Plasma::Phase with
> ElementAppear/Disappear animations. The problem is that even when the
> animation was finished,
> I was still painting using elementAnimationResult as the animation ids
> where != 0.
> So I tried to connect the signal Plasma::Phase::animationComplete in
> order to zero the ids and then
> paint the background mormally, but I found that animationComplete
> wasn't been emitted for
> element animations.
>
> Proposal:
> - All animations (Item, Movement, Element, Custom) will return an animation
> id - All animations can be stopped using the given id
> - All animations will receive animationComplete signal when completed
> and the id as argument of the signal

i like the signal animationComplete for every animantion id like you put in
the attached header
for the background animation maybe an access function
bool animationComplete(AnimId)
could be enough, but it could be subject to misuses (i.e. polling)
i would go for a signal for every animid

Cheers,
Marco Martin