Plasma::Phase proposal

Andre Magalhaes andrunko at gmail.com
Wed Jan 30 19:12:45 CET 2008

Hi all,

After analyzing bug 156844, I saw that Plasma::Phase is still missing
some features,
and I want to improve it, but before I start coding I would like to
know what do you think
about the proposed changes.

First let me explain the problem with bug 156844:
In order to animate the background change (slideshow, ...) I used
Plasma::Phase with
ElementAppear/Disappear animations. The problem is that even when the
animation was finished,
I was still painting using elementAnimationResult as the animation ids
where != 0.
So I tried to connect the signal Plasma::Phase::animationComplete in
order to zero the ids and then
paint the background mormally, but I found that animationComplete
wasn't been emitted for
element animations.

Proposal:
- All animations (Item, Movement, Element, Custom) will return an animation id
- All animations can be stopped using the given id
- All animations will receive animationComplete signal when completed
and the id as argument of the signal

This way, when an animation is finished you can for eg. stop using
elementAnimationResult in case you are using
Element animations, and also you will have a common interface between
all types of animation.

Attached there is a modified phase.h that is not BC, and I would like
to see the comments
If you approve I will implement the necessary changes

BR

--
Andre Moreira Magalhaes (andrunko)
Jabber: andrunko at gmail.com