Merge trunk for 4.0.1

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Wed Jan 30 07:19:52 CET 2008

On Tuesday 29 January 2008, Riccardo Iaconelli wrote:
> What do you think of asking release-team for an exemption to merge
> trunk of plasma and libplasma (krunner too?) in the 4.0.1 branch?

there have bee ntoo many i18n and binary incompatible changes, i think. i've
been backporting a lot of changes i've been making (i have 3 more sitting in
my tobackport directory atm), as others should be doing as well.

i would like to see the taskbar changes backported .. which means BoxLayout
changes and taskbar.

we can certainly do backports on such a case-by-case basis. and 4.1 will be
out in july, and we can do more frequent releases ourselves as well, so i
don't think it's a big issue.

besides the taskbar improvements, anyone have any other suggested backports?