DataEngine support for ScriptEngine

Petri Damstén petri.damsten at dnainternet.net
Tue Jan 22 18:08:29 CET 2008

On Tuesday 22 January 2008 18:01:04 Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> one of the things i wanted to avoid was forcing people to create subclasses
> in javascript, for instance.

I made the Kross script engine so that ScriptEngine has a sub class in C++
(KrossDataEngine attached, needs some cleaning...) that it returns which
calls python functions. So scripts don't need to create subclasses.

> as for modifying DataEngine, it's trivial. duplicating every virtual
> function in ScriptEngine ... well, we're talking about three methods here
> =)

Yes it's not that much. Propably I have just done these kind of things this
way in the past and it was the most familiar way for me. Should I modify the
patch to be similar what applet has?

Petri