A few plasma questions

Jeremy Webster jwebster at olemiss.edu
Mon Jan 21 00:38:26 CET 2008

Hello all, I'm new, and I have no idea if this is the right place for
this.  let me know if it isn't.

I've been trying to teach myself how to write plasma applets, and I have
a slideshow applet (screenshot
<http://home.olemiss.edu/%7Ejwebster/projects/slideshow/screenshot.jpg>)
that basically displays all the pictures within a directory.  Simple, I
know, but I gotta start somewhere.

It works pretty well, but I have a few things I'd like to add before I
send it out into the world.

I'd like to add a settings widget so that people can change the size,
the directory, whether or not the filename is visible, etc..  But I
can't figure out how plasma applets deal with this.  For instance, how
do I get the little wrench to show up when there's a mouse-over?  How in
general are settings handled?

How do I set the icon for my plasma-app so that it shows up in the Add
Widgets widget?  My applet shows up, but it has the default icon that
several other applets have.

Where can I find the plasma API?  Has this been released to the public?
I can't find it anywhere.

Is the source code for the Analog Clock applet available?  I think that
would help me a lot, but I don't know where to find it.

Answers or pointers to where I can find answers are greatly appreciated.

Thanks for your time
J-