KDE/kdebase/workspace/libs/taskmanager

Ryan P. Bitanga ryan.bitanga at gmail.com
Wed Jan 9 02:27:52 CET 2008

That's really odd. lxr only reported usage by superkaramba of the
thumbnail functions. updateWindowPixmap was the composited equivalent
of the updateThumbnail function. I'm not really familiar with the X
code so I don't know if something in there is causing plasma not to
start.

Well, we don't have any use for the thumbnail functions and the
associated update/generate functions because Lubos' patch asks KWin to
do the painting for us. Hence, we need no mechanism to create
thumbnails ourselves although I'd feel a lot more comfortable if we
could lessen the coupling between KWin and the tooltip class in
libplasma. It would be great if we find a way to get the functionality
into taskmanager instead and maybe work for something that'll enable
other wm's to integrate a little better as well.

Ryan