KDE/kdebase/workspace/libs/taskmanager

Jason Stubbs j.stubbs at linkthink.co.jp
Wed Jan 9 02:09:20 CET 2008

On Wednesday 09 January 2008 01:42:41 Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> On Tuesday 08 January 2008, Jason Stubbs wrote:
> > SVN commit 758601 by jstubbs:
> >
> > Today's taskmanager cleanup has caused code paths to be hit that weren't
> > previously being used, which has caused plasma to not start when
> > compositing is enabled. Specifically, xCompositeEnabled() always returned
> > false previously because setXCompositeEnabled() was never called.
> >
> > CCMAIL: panel-devel at kde.org
>
> the code was just ifdef'd out... does this imply that
> Task::updateWindowPixmap should be removed and we will just rely on a
> decent WM running, or should we bother fixing updateWindowPixmap?

I'm not sure. I'm not actually sure what the code was meant to do. I just
traced far enough to know that those code paths weren't being called before
the cleanup but were afterward. Ryan mentioned something about the functions
being useless but resurrectable which is why I just #ifdef 0'd them out.

--
LINKTHINK INC.
東京都渋谷区桜ヶ丘町22-14 N.E.S S棟 3F