Applets - to maintain aspect ratio, or not?

Alex Merry huntedhacker at tiscali.co.uk
Tue Jan 8 13:12:10 CET 2008

Currently, resizing plasma widgets (are we calling them widgets or applets now?) by default maintains aspect ratio.  If you want to freely resize them, you have to know the "magic" key of CTRL.

Lots and lots of people have told me this is (a) annoying, (b) not easily discoverable and (c) completely inconsistent with just about every other gui element (think windows, for example).

So what do we think about making it freely resizable by default, and having a magic key (probably ALT for consistency with KOffice) to maintain aspect ratio?

Alex