[Panel-devel] JJ: taskmanager clean up

Ryan P. Bitanga ryan.bitanga at gmail.com
Tue Jan 8 03:56:40 CET 2008

On Dec 20, 2007 5:47 AM, Aaron J. Seigo <aseigo at kde.org> wrote:
> * TaskManager::self() should be updated to use the same method as seen in, for
> instance, Plasma::Theme::self()
>
> * TaskManager's remaining static member should be moved into the private class
> for cleanliness
>
> * some general code and API review might be in order. things can always be
> improved right? =)

I wasn't really planning on working on this but investigating the use
of the thumbnail functions eventually led me to clean it up a bit. I
did the first one and somewhat did the other two. I removed the static
method for checking for composite support in favor of
KWindowSystem::compositingActive(). The thumbnail functions are quite
useless and can be removed but they could be useful (assuming someone
beats it into shape) for a fallback thumbnail generation
implementation if composite support is not available.

It's not in the patch but I think we should remove the isIconified
method from task.cpp since it's already deprecated.

Ryan