Moving IconApplets when clicking on the icon

Christopher Blauvelt cblauvelt at gmail.com
Thu Jan 3 20:01:36 CET 2008

On Jan 3, 2008 8:56 AM, Jason Stubbs <jasonbstubbs at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thursday 03 January 2008 23:43:31 JST, Christopher Blauvelt wrote:
> > On Jan 3, 2008 8:28 AM, Christopher Blauvelt <cblauvelt at gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > > I've attached the patch with the hover code back in.
> >
> > I added the hover code to the wrong event handler.  Disregard my last
> > email.
>
> svn diff helps. ;)
>
> Looks good though. That just leaves the applethandle issue. You could
> check
> formFactor() as a temporary hack.
>
> A better way would be to reimplement moveBy() in Applet and have it call
> setGeometry(). AppletHandle could then listen for Applet's
> geometryChanged()
> signal and update itself automatically. The containment's layout would
> also
> automatically handle the move as best as it can, which should mean no
> moving
> at all in the panel.
>
> --
> Jason Stubbs

The only reason that I'm wary of implementing moveBy in Applet is that it's
not virtual in QGraphicsItem which would introduce a situation where the
applet is being acted on as a QGraphicsItem and the signal wouldn't be
emit'ed.  Unless I'm misunderstanding what virutal does.  I'll use
formFactor.
Chris