[Panel-devel] Icon Layouts

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Wed Jan 2 06:38:36 CET 2008

On Tuesday 01 January 2008, Christopher Blauvelt wrote:
> Attached is a patch that allows you to align icons to a grid.  Further, it

* there is a write- and readEntry in KConfigGroup that takes a QPointF. you
don't need to do the parsing yourself (indeed, shouldn't)

* this:
+    foreach (QAction *action, m_icons.contextActions()) {
+        actions.append(action);
+    }

could probably be more simply actions << m_icons.contextActions(); does the
same thing, just easier on the fingers ;)

* please don't remove commented out debug from, e.g. applethandle.cpp

* why should desktop icon locking be done separately from widget locking? this
only seems to grow the artificial gulf between the two sets of functionality?

* this reminds me why i wish QActions could accept hierarchies. ActionGroups
aren't good enough (as they imply modality) ... adding 5 entries + 2
separators to the desktop menu just isn't an option though. of course, we can
get rid of some of these quite easily: locking should just follow the normal
immutability and locking of the containment; Show Icons should go into the
config dialog, not the context menu;

* "Line Up" should probably just be "Align", with "ly" appended to the
directions

* spot the formatting errors:

+    foreach (Plasma::Applet *item, m_iconMap.values())
+         item->setImmutable(m_blockIcon);

and

+    if (iconsVisible) {
+        m_desktopDir.openUrl(KGlobalSettings::desktopPath());
+    }
+    else {

;)

* do we need to offer a separate hook for media icons? hm.. i suppose so if
only because someone might want

* i assume the icon.h and icon.cpp bits aren't intended as part of the diff?