kickoff highlight -- please help

Marco Martin notmart at gmail.com
Thu Feb 28 14:45:14 CET 2008

On Thursday 28 February 2008, Celeste Lyn Paul wrote:
> Hello Artists!
>
> Panel-devel need your help.  We've been trying to come up with ways to make
> full-width hover on the kickoff menu look nice.  It would be awesome if you
> could help us out and come up with some ideas and sample mockups.
>
> These messages have screenshots or links to screenshots with sample ideas
> of the full-width hover:
>
> http://mail.kde.org/pipermail/panel-devel/2007-November/002888.html
> http://mail.kde.org/pipermail/panel-devel/2008-February/007819.html
> http://mail.kde.org/pipermail/panel-devel/2008-February/007822.html

created a little patch of my proposal (the last one)
it works, but the code to make the highlight without margin it's a little bit
clumsy and buggy, it would require a deeper rework to do it properly (i think
it looks good only if there is absolutely no margin both left and right)
i think it looks a bit better of the default look without coloring too much an
empty space

Cheers,
Marco Martin