Review Request: Fancy-schmancy Kickoff layout tricks for dissident panel placements

Will Stephenson wstephenson at kde.org
Wed Feb 27 11:56:16 CET 2008

On Wednesday 27 February 2008 10:03:39 Sven Burmeister wrote:
> While this does not prove anything about whether I am right or not, it does
> prove that you can satisfy everyones needs regarding the tab-order by
> enabling the user to re-arrange the tabs. Currently, dragging a tab does
> nothing although people are used to being able to re-arrange tabs, e.g. in
> browsers, so why not allow the user to re-arrange them?

May I point out that this is a separate issue to the one under discussion?

What we're discussing is whether kickoff should inverse the
[defined-by-whatever-means] order when the menu is shown to the left of the
launcher, or above the launcher when using a vertical panel.

Will

--
Will Stephenson
IRC: Bille