Patch: Color scheme aware plasma

Jamboarder jamboarder at yahoo.com
Sun Feb 17 14:10:54 CET 2008

So I asked if this was possible early last week and
decided just to jump in wade around a little.  This my
first patch submission for plasma and I didn't have
much luck with review board so I thought I'd submit it
here.

The attached patch allows plasma themes to react to
changes in the current color scheme. Screenshots are
available here:

http://img340.imageshack.us/my.php?image=plasmawontontg0.png
http://img407.imageshack.us/my.php?image=plasmaobsidianhn4.png
http://img402.imageshack.us/my.php?image=plasmanorwayzg2.png
http://img181.imageshack.us/my.php?image=plasmadefaultrp5.png

Note that theme-authors must specifically add the
"hint-apply-color-scheme" element to the svgs for the
color to be applied.  This patch does not affect svgs
that do not have this hint.  (Notice in the
screenshots that the clock and the default theme are
unaffected.) Theme authors may provide a "colors" file
with their theme or omit it to use the current system
colors (plasma already provided for this).

I also attached the plasma theme shown in the
screenshots.  Just a proof-of-concept theme that needs
refinement a bit.

I'm happy to make any changes as necessary (I'm sure
there will be) but I don't have commit privileges so
someone else would have to commit it if general idea
sounds reasonable.

Hope this helps and thanks so much for this oh-so-cool
chunk of code called KDE.