Patch to replace CachePaintMode with CacheMode (Qt 4.4)

Andreas Aardal Hanssen ahanssen at trolltech.com
Fri Feb 15 07:57:24 CET 2008

On Thu February 14 2008 18:02:36 Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> actually, i just noticed that we're now using qt 4.4 in qt-copy. we can now
> simply rip this stuff right out. i'd like to minimize the amount of baggage
> we carry into 4.1 since we'll be stuck with every bit of API in libplasma
> after that. IOW, this is our last release to be able to tear things
> assunder...

OK, committed without Qt 4.3 compatibility. We can also remove CachePaintMode
from the API completely if we're going for a 100% "clean" approach.

I don't know how fixated the API is at this point; with QGraphicsWidget we
also have an elegant way to implement the plasmoid handles without having to
reparent (i.e., a widget can have decorations). Probably worth taking to IRC.

--
Andreas Aardal Hanssen - andreas . hanssen @ trolltech.com
Senior Software Engineer, Team Lead / Widgets