Patch to replace CachePaintMode with CacheMode (Qt 4.4)

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Thu Feb 14 18:04:34 CET 2008

On Thursday 14 February 2008, Anne-Marie Mahfouf wrote:
> I think the patch is fine but the underlying question is about Qt4.4
> (qt-copy is 4.4 since yesterday evening) and should we #if the Qt version
> (as in the patch)  or not?
> It does not seem clear for everyone and as we said we want to be able to
> backport some features at some point,

this API was used almost exclusively internally, so i'm ok with it simply
dissapearing.

while backporting is still an important issue, we need to ballance this
against the longevity of 4.1's libplasma. if the change will make backporting
fixes too hard to be feasible, then we should rethink such a change. but if
it isn't, then i'm all for getting libpasma as clean as possible for 4.1.