Align all applets to a grid

Chani chanika at gmail.com
Mon Feb 11 04:00:59 CET 2008

On February 11, 2008 08:35:34 Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> On Sunday 10 February 2008, Christopher Blauvelt wrote:
> > Then where should it go?  Plasma::Containment?  Plasma::DefaultDesktop?
> > I think it should go in DefaultDesktop since it seems to be a desktop
> > centric idea.
>
> hm... either that or in Containment behind a if (containmentType() ==
> DesktopContainment) {} .. the latter would probably be welcome by other
> containment writers?

yeah, possibly. personally I'm more interested in snapping, which would
probably happen in applethandle... but anything that helps tidy up the
desktop is probably useful.

I find it a bit odd that Containment has so much code specific to either
panels or desktops. why is it done this way instead of making some kind of
minimal desktop class to inherit from or something?

--
This message brought to you by evyl bananas, and the number 3.
www.chani3.com