KWin and plasma's colorscheme

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Tue Feb 5 17:37:50 CET 2008

On Tuesday 05 February 2008, Lubos Lunak wrote:
> > If I understand your concerns correctly, you're not convinced that (some
> > parts of) KWin should use plasma colors?
>
>  Right. In fact I think that KWin should keep using system colors, and
> Plasma should do so as well.

i just explained why this isn't realisitic.

> > So that's (apps) vs. (workspace without apps), basically.
>
>  The problem is where you want to draw the line. E.g. the KRunner dialog is
> apparently 'not a window' to Plasma people, even though it clearly is (at
> least to me).

the difference is:

* user uses it as ...
* the code perceives it as ...

implementation and interface must cooperate at the technical level, but
allowing implementation drive interface is really very stupid and something
we need to get away from in general.

> Now consider 'USB stick plugged in' dialog, download progress
> window, KNotification popups, KMag window, KWallet dialog, and so on -
> should they use "normal" or Plasma colors. And, as far as I'm concerned,
> why should there even be two of those?

the USB stick plugged in window does use plasma stuff via the notifier applet.
what's sad is that we also have this other stupid window that still pops up
because there is no coordination between the services.

knotification popups: those are not desktop bits, those are application
related aren't they?

kwallet: ditto.

kmag: absolutely irrelevant here.