Plasma Theme Contest judging results

Jamboarder jamboarder at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 21 17:04:14 CEST 2008

You know, the more I look at the list of winners the more it makes sense to me to remove Silicon from that list.  The fact that the reflection simply doesn't work with rotated widgets is a problem.  Why include a theme simply doesn't work appropriately with plasma?

The winners list, in my opinion, should be whittled down to three. Remember Slim-Glow is already in, so we'll have 4 alternatives to the default theme. The announcement would say:

====
We are proud to announce the winners of the first Plasma Theme Contest. Unfortunately not all themes could be chosen so we have limited the list to only 3 entries:

  1. Elegance
  2. Heron
  3. Aya

The Plasma team will continue to monitor the development of new and existing Plasma themes. So, in a sense, this contest is not going to end... ever :)

We would like to thank everyone who participated in the contest making
Plasma look more beautiful than ever.  The winning themes will be included in KDE 4.1.  Remember, all your favorite themes are still available on kde-look and is just a GHNS click away.

Cheers,
Plasma team