Plasma Themes (for all plasma devs)

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Sun Apr 20 20:57:59 CEST 2008

On Sunday 20 April 2008, Riccardo Iaconelli wrote:
> On Saturday 19 April 2008 14:32:45 Marco Martin wrote:
> > the real disadvantage of svgs is that they can't be colored in a sane
> > way, so the color would be hardcoded (maybe not necessarily a bad thing)
> > probably the more needed thing it's good documentation by expanding the
> > wiki page that exists already and consistence between prefixes and hints
>
> In the oxygen cursors we do it with sed, maybe we can (hackily) QFile  +
> find&replace + render-the-new-file?

yes, that's certainly an option. load the file into a buffer, edit it, feed it
to QSvgRenderer. not an optimal solution though. let me talk with TT people a
bit about possibilities for Qt >4.4 ... if we can get some traction on a
better svg solution in Qt that isn't as heavy as webkit's svg code, maybe we
can just defer this whole conversation until then.