Plasma Themes (for all plasma devs)

Ivan Čukić ivan.cukic at gmail.com
Fri Apr 18 23:27:53 CEST 2008

> so a strange hack like PanelSvg is really needed unfortunately, because
> it's the only way to make a scalable think to look decent and it has 9

I have nothing against PanelSvg - it truly does miracles :)

I'm just saying that it still doesn't provide us everything we want.

The ideal (for developers) thing would be to make the L&F pluggable like
the real widgets do (it seams like that every themable widget in the
past went from pixmap based themes to pluggable styles).

On the other hand, it would make the life of theme designers a living hell
unless we provide a couple of standard pretty engines (including the
compatibility engine for the current themes)

I have no idea what the best way is - this is the reason I wanted to
start a discussion about it.

Cheerio!

--
Money can't buy happiness, but neither can poverty.
   -- Leo Rosten