[REVIEW] Clock: respect font settings for date and timezone

Rafał Miłecki zajec5 at gmail.com
Wed Apr 16 12:32:28 CEST 2008

2008/4/16, Sebastian Kuegler <sebas at kde.org>:
>  The smallestReadableFont settting is a font at a certain size, this size is
>  only relevant to this very font so we cannot just set another font and use
>  the size of smallestReadable font  -- it might not work with that one. Also,
>  as the setting only goes about numbers, one could for example choose a font
>  that works well with numbers, but doesn't with text. And, after all, the
>  fonts on the desktop should be consistent.
Uh, didn't think about that. Probably you're right.

>  Do you better suggestions how to solve that problem? IMO neither of the
I don't know... TTF file doesn't provide info about smalles optimal
size, does it? Can we somehow calculate/predict such a size for any
font?

What about respecting only settings about bold and italic? Is there
sense doing that? I mean ignoring setting about font family, but
applying bold and/or italic.

--
Rafał Miłecki