Plasma Theme Contest Judging

Ivan Čukić ivan.cukic at gmail.com
Tue Apr 15 12:43:40 CEST 2008

Silicon                       8
  Pretty wet floor effect. The clock could use a makeover.

Blue                          4
  This one, as far as the plasma widget theme is concerned is OK. But
  far from great. The thing that have totally put me off is the logout
  screen. It is just plain awful. :]

Uqbar                         8
  Pretty. Again, the only thing that could be improved is the clock.
  It *is* pretty and fancy and classical and all, but it doesn't fit
  nicely with the rest of the theme.

Perla Negra                   4
  Contrary to most of the themes, this theme has a very nice clock.
  But everything else looks just wrong. Like in the Blue theme,
  the stretching of the background for large widgets looks bad.

Elegance                     10
  Well, there is nothing much to comment about this one. IMO, the
  best plasma theme yet.

Aya                           9
  The same goes for this one. The only thing that I don't like that
  much (hence the grade 9) is the clock.

OLED Orange                   6
  The clock is soooo cool (the idea to put the star as 12). The reason
  behind my low grade is the fact that I'm not a great fan of orange.
  So, I'm giving you all the chance to raise the average grade for this
  one :) (this is the only theme in the contest that is brighter - so
  although it doesn't appeal to me, I have nothing against including it
  in 4.1)

Ozone                         5
  Looks like a heavy work in progress with bad rendering.

Heron                         9
  This one is one of my favorites. Again, the clock could be better.

A Pimp Named Slickback        1
  Nothing to see here :)

Out of the contest:

The themes that are not in the contest but could be considered for
inclusion at one point are Fluffy bunny and Shelf. The author had no
time to make whole themes because of exams. My proposal is to ask
him to finish the themes when he finds the time so that we could
include them later.

Cheers!

--
Sanity is the trademark of a weak mind.