[REVIEW] removing (probably) unnecessary condition in dataUpdated(...)

Rafał Miłecki zajec5 at gmail.com
Sat Apr 12 10:33:17 CEST 2008

2008/4/11, Aaron J. Seigo <aseigo at kde.org>:
> On Friday 11 April 2008, Rafał Miłecki wrote:
>  > As far as I understand DataEngine it takes updateIntreval parameter in
>  > connectSource which we use (we put 1sec or 60secs). As the result we
>

> except that we call it with 500ms updates in the 1 second case to get reliable
>  to-the-second resolution. if we added AlignToSecond to dataengine (we have
>  alignments for minutes and hours only) we could probably get rid of the 500ms
>  hack.
Thanks for info, maybe I'll look for this 500ms hack some day.

>  in the meantime, that if() condition cuts the number of repaints in the clock
>  by half in the show seconds case.
Still, it doesn't according to me. Look at this code again, please. It
detects differences in minute() and not second(). I guess we should
modify this code to ignore dataUpdate(...) calls only when second() is
the same as before. We should not care about minutes as this is solved
good enought in DataEngine (as I understand you).

--
Rafał Miłecki