Extenders, assembling plasmoids

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Wed Apr 9 23:51:01 CEST 2008

On Wednesday 09 April 2008, Sven Burmeister wrote:
> Yes, there is a button at the top-right "edit" and you have several clocks,
> world-clock, appointments and weather in one applet and probably more
> possibilities (edit button).

yeah, so.. that clock is, as per usual in that project, a hardcoded,
purposebuilt set of hacks to make something neat come together than has no
extensibility let alone future possibilities.

it looks very nice, and it has a number of tie ins to things like the evo data
service. now just try adding something else to it, or replacing eds as a
backend ...

honestly, this has *nothing* in common with extenders. it's the calendar we
pop up when you click the calender with a few extra entries (e.g. timezones
with a map, appointments)

> Currently it would not be possible to arrange
> such a thing on such a small space with plasmoids.

bullshit.