[BUG+PATCH]: updateToolTip(bool) called too often

Rafał Miłecki zajec5 at gmail.com
Mon Apr 7 14:21:04 CEST 2008

2008/4/7, Sebastian Kuegler <sebas at kde.org>:
> If I understand it well, your patch doesn't update the tooltip once it's
>  shown, that would result in static tooltips.

That's partly right.

> Think of the case where the
>  tooltip is shown but the time changes (i.e. you want to display it per
>  second), then the tooltip would not be updated -- which was one of the
>  reasons why to introduce this updateTooltip() method.

Uh, I explained that already. I'll update tooltip using DataEngine and
dataUpdated(...) function. All I need updateToolTip(bool update) for
is tracking visibility of tooltip (yes, alternative solutions also
were discussed).

That way I don't need to have updateToolTip called so often as now, I
don't have to create new timers and I don't have to request widget to
get information about it's tooltip visibility.

Please, read threads:
http://lists.kde.org/?t=120716876200049&r=1&w=2
http://lists.kde.org/?t=120689879200003&r=1&w=2
for more details.