KDE/kdebase/workspace/plasma/applets/kickoff

Laurent Montel montel at kde.org
Wed Apr 2 18:40:14 CEST 2008

On Wednesday 02 April 2008 18:16:15 Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> On Wednesday 02 April 2008, Laurent Montel wrote:
> > SVN commit 792846 by mlaurent:
> >
> > Add dbus interface to allow to clean up recent application
> > and recent doc with sweeper as in kde 3.5.x
>
> Cool. Unfortunately, this is going to break when there is more than one
> application launcher.

It's right I didn't think that it will have more launcher.

> Perhaps we can make a generic solution where plasma itself
> (workspace/plasma/plasma/) provides this as part of its D-Bus interface and
> then can send the signal to all application launchers?

It's right it will better.
I will look at to implement it in plasma.
(replace it for recent application/document and update menu when it's changed)

> This would mean providing a standard interface for all launchers to or use,
> sort of like the clock library.

I think that it will hard to create a standard interface for it, raptor and
kickoff doesn't use the same method; but I will look at if it's possible to
create one standard interface..

--
Laurent Montel,
KDE/KOffice developer, Qt consultancy projects