KDE/kdebase/workspace/plasma/applets/kickoff

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Wed Apr 2 18:16:15 CEST 2008

On Wednesday 02 April 2008, Laurent Montel wrote:
> SVN commit 792846 by mlaurent:
>
> Add dbus interface to allow to clean up recent application
> and recent doc with sweeper as in kde 3.5.x

Cool. Unfortunately, this is going to break when there is more than one
application launcher.

Perhaps we can make a generic solution where plasma itself
(workspace/plasma/plasma/) provides this as part of its D-Bus interface and
then can send the signal to all application launchers?

This would mean providing a standard interface for all launchers to or use,
sort of like the clock library. I begin to wonder if we won't want/need
a "best practices" way of sharing such common infrastructure with specific
types of applets.