[Panel-devel] Kickoff / KDE 4

Alex Merry huntedhacker at tiscali.co.uk
Wed Sep 26 12:05:11 CEST 2007

On Wednesday 26 Sep 2007, Serhiy Veryovka wrote:
> How something thing can be Chosen if it isn't exists? How something
> something could be Chosen by comunity if comunity hasn't even seen
> it? I understand that you are developer of Raptor and you want *your*
> work to be Chosen. But isn't it to egoistic to state that there
> "shouldn't be reason for dispute". Nobody have seen your work so far.
> What if someone else made something better?

This is a bit of a pointless discussion at this point then, isn't it?
As Aaron has already said, there's nothing to decide at the moment,
because Raptor isn't finished and doesn't look like it will be for 4.0.
When it is finished, at the very least users and distributions will
have the option of installing it.  Any discussion about whether it is
the default for our packages can wait until we have working
implementations to compare.

> As I can see from this mailing list you don't even have usability
> experts worked on your concepts. Why do you think your concepts are
> better than kickoff??? Do you have any usability studies behind
> Raptor or it is just your ideas? If so why do you think it should be
> Chosen? What if you are totally wrong and your approach will be not
> convenient for most of people?

Siraj already explained that the reason the usability people have not
been involved is because the XML-based GUI is not complete yet, but
when it is it should be very easy to change the interface, so that
would be the ideal time to bring in the usability people.

*puts down the fire extinguisher*

Alex

--
KDE: http://www.kde.org