[Panel-devel] Kickoff / KDE 4

Robert Knight robertknight at gmail.com
Tue Sep 25 09:05:46 CEST 2007

> we can (and might already, even) easily abuse QAction::whatsThis() or
> QAction::toolTip for this

Okay.  If you are thinking of doing that it might be better to use
QAction's 'data' property, given that the URL might not always be
suitable for display.

Down the line I think it might be worth exploring allowing people to
write scripts in languages like Python or Ruby to extend the search
facilities.  Such a system already exists on the Gnome desktop
(Deskbar).  It would be quite neat if Deskbar scripts were supported,
I don't know how hard that would be.