[Panel-devel] clock size regression

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Thu Sep 13 07:34:04 CEST 2007

On Wednesday 12 September 2007, Robert Knight wrote:
> > so, does anyone feel particularly responsible for breaking the ability
> > for the analog clock to change sizes? ;)
>
> Yes.  This is related to the layout changes.  Locally I fixed it and

i've gotten to the point where i don't even care anymore. just fix it.

i do wonder about this in the patch:

+        Qt::Orientations expandingDirections() const { return 0; }

it looks wrong in a few different ways.

and if you care at all about my ability to walk with a smile through all this,
please stick to the coding style. i know playing "how many ways can we screw
the code base" is fun and all, but let's at least try and keep some things
sacred. eg:

+    if ( d->layout )
+        d->layout->addItem(applet);

is wrong on two counts.