[Panel-devel] Perhaps a bug in Plasma's Icon Widget

Alexis Ménard darktears31 at gmail.com
Fri Oct 26 09:36:53 CEST 2007

2007/10/26, Sven Burmeister <sven.burmeister at gmx.net>:

> Hi!
>
> On Donnerstag, 25. Oktober 2007, Alexis Ménard wrote:
> > I just add in playground an applet like in open-suse with a logout/lock
> > button.
>
> Could you please add some hover information to the buttons? At least to me
> it
> is not obvious which one locks and which one shuts down. I think best
> would
> be some visual feedback, i.e. the power-off button turning red when
> hovered
> and the other one blue or something like that. With these two every user
> should be able to find out which one locks the screen, even if the lock is
> gone from the icon.

Ok it was planned ;)...I will work to add an on over effect...After we can
think about integrate it on taskbar (just resize and hide the plasma
background)...

Another issue I had yesterday when testing it was, that after I locked the
> screen it did not accept my password which I am certain I did enter
> correctly. But that would be a screensaver issue and not your applet's,
> would
> it not?

I have the same problem with the screen lock...I think it's a problem with
kcheckpass in kdebase/workspace but the code looks like very complex...

Sven