[Panel-devel] Plasma::Theme

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Mon Oct 22 18:47:45 CEST 2007

On Monday 22 October 2007, Ivan Čukić wrote:
> > what is the use case for having a configuration file? (not saying there
> > isn't one, just that i'm not aware of one right now =)
>
> My bad, not exactly a configuration file. The problem with themes is that
> they do not specify the text color, and I would need something like that in
> Lancelot. Using KDE's color schemes is fine for applications that use the
> active widget style, but lancelot (and plasma for that matter) has themes
> that are not intended to look similar to the widget style.
>
> In that 'configuration' file (which wouldn't be changed - comes with the
> theme) I would put the colors, and maybe something more.

colours ... yes, this is a good use case indeed. something i haven't gotten
around to yet is exploring the possibility of making a custom KColorScheme
available which reads out of a config file with the theme if it is there..

hm.. how about this instead: Plasma::Theme::colorScheme() which, first time it
is called, initializes a KColorScheme object using a config file in the theme
if it exists (themerc?) or else the global one.... that would do what you
want, yes?

we also need this in the taskbar.