[Panel-devel] Allow TaskBar Context Menus

Chani chanika at gmail.com
Sat Oct 20 07:27:57 CEST 2007

> of course, there would be spaces between applets if layouts had been done
> according to my original suggestions. instead here we are fighting with the
> exact problems i said would come.

would you mind giving me a link to those suggestions? I think it'd help me
grok the current layout situation.

> my only concern for the "share the space" mechanism is performance.
> however, applets should be able to calculate a minimum and a preferred size
> pretty easily and the "bit more space" should be in decently large
> increments, perhaps as %s of the remaining space giving a nice logarithmic
> interval to the algorithm.

shouldn't be happening too often anyways. I wonder what should happen if an
applet's size changes... the systray is the most likely to be expanding and
contracting regularly (once it actually acts as if it's really in the panel).
the layout should try to push other things out of the way - and then let them

> but i have essentially  given up arguing over it because evidently the
> attitude is "what the fuck does he know" so... go for it. have fun. see how
> far this gets us.
"if you want something done right, you gotta do it yourself"
however, we don't have a way to clone you, so I guess you'll have to put up
with other people doing their best.

> (the irony is that the other week i got accused on irc of micromanaging
> things. hah.)
rofl.

--
This message brought to you by evyl bananas, and the number 3.
www.chani3.com