[Panel-devel] various patches

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Thu Oct 18 21:00:03 CEST 2007

On Monday 15 October 2007, Leo Franchi wrote:
> hey guys,
>
> here are a few patches from the amarok camp. tell me what you guys
> think....
>
> the first patch to the appletbrowser basically adds support for customizing
> the parentApp that the appletbrowser uses. by default it acts the same as
> it does currently, but if setParentApp is called it filters based on that.

- i'm not fond of the term 'parentApp', how about we just use 'Application' as
in void setApplication(const QString&), QString application(). this should be
changed in Applet as well.

- instead of using the magic value "all" for no application, use an empty
string, just as we do in Applet. this will get rid of the if() statement in
AppletBrowser::AppletBrowser as an added bonus

> the containment patch fixes the context menu to show up in the proper place
> (when the corona is not the size of the desktop).

looks good. i wonder if this also fixes the issue with the panel's context
menu as well .. probably =)

> the flowlayout patch adds a columnWidth method to FlowLayout that overrides
> the method that it uses to decide the column width-instead of being the
> average width, it uses the supplied value. again, if it is not set, it uses
> the average width by default.

i'll let Robert comment on this one.