[Panel-devel] Applet browser enhancements for SuperKaramba

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Fri Oct 12 18:10:44 CEST 2007

On Friday 12 October 2007, Alexander Wiedenbruch wrote:
> > i'm ok with that. can we put all the SK specific files in a common subdir
> > at least, though? e.g. libs/plasma/superkaramba/ .. that way we will know
> > what those files are for.
>
> I haven't splited the files into seperated dirs because it's basically just
> one function that I added.

fair enough =)

> Instead of using KPluginInfo in PlasmaAppletItem I use a QMap to pass the
> plugin information to PlasmaAppletItem now. So there is no need for a
> SuperKarambaItem anymore. Patch attached.

looks fine; as i said on irc last night, it's not the most aesthetic of
solutions perhaps, but it's a nice pragamatic one =))

> desktop doesn't work. I would need to modify the mimetype data passing to
> also include arguments for the Applet for that. I'm fine with that
> limitation.

hm.. that's going to suck somewhat for users, but let's see if anyone notices
first ;)

> Also, for my taste the buttons in the Applet Browser are wrong positioned.

this is due to the style used, i believe. it's putting the Close button in
the "wrong" place. if one uses a "kde native" style it should be putting it
in the right order. the AppletBrowser dialog is doing the right thing in any
case.